THRIVE 2.0 WINTER 2023
LEARN MORE HERE. REGISTER
THRIVE 2.0 Queer Careers + Resiliency
Beyond Barriers 4 Inclusion Pilot Program
Building resiliency. Building access. Building futures together.
At Simply Good Form Inc., we recognize the last two years have created barriers for young LGBTQ2+ people in Nova Scotia around gaining meaningful community connections through work and volunteer opportunities.
BB4I THRIVE is designed to empower you with the skills and confidence you need to overcome obstacles blocking your path.
Development of this program made possible through generous funding support of Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia and through volunteer engagement and funding from Nova Scotia Power.
- LGBTQ2+ young adults between the age of 16-to-25 years old. Under 18 must have permission from Parent/Guardian.
- Living in Nova Scotia.
- Be enthusiastic about building skills and participating in an online-virtual course, both in a group Zoom environment and through individual check-in meets and one Mock Interview Panel.
- Have experienced barriers accessing work and/or volunteer experience over the past 2 years.
- Be willing to commit to participation in full 4 Week program (approx. 1.5 hrs. per week).
SHARE WITH YOUR SCHOOL:
PRINTABLE POSTER: Download and Print for GSAs, Libraries. Spread the word.
Resume and portfolio building skills;
Job-Seekers research skills
Navigating the application process
- Video communication skills
Interview Presentation Skills: Preparation tools and confidence-building tips to shine like a pro!
Mock Panel Interview experience and Professional Peer Mentoring
Actionable tools to navigate building a career-path
Insight into corporate culture and understand your rights in the workplace