Beyond Barriers 4 Inclusion
LGBTQ2+ Youth & Young Adult Leadership Work Skills
Pilot Program Fall 2022
Sign-up for Registration News!
Building resiliency. Building access. Building, with you in mind.
Are you part of the LGBTQ2+ community and between the ages of 15-to-25 years old living in Nova Scotia?
Have you experienced barriers to accessing work and/or volunteer experience over the past 2 years?
We are looking for 15 people between 15 and 25 years old, living in Nova Scotia and identifying as LGBTQ2+ to take part in a brand new PILOT program this Fall. This accredited course requires 2 hours commitment per week (see FAQ below for details), virtually from within your own space.
We recognize the past two years have created many barriers for young people in gaining meaningful community connections through work and volunteer opportunities.
This course has been designed to empower you with the skills and confidence you need, and offers a certification to boot! Ideal for resumes and post-secondary applications.
Sign-up and pre-register to our 5 Week Work Skills e-learning course this Fall if you want to:
- Build your job seekers portfolio: Cover letters, Resumes, Follow-up templates
- Interview Mastery Skills: Pre-interview research skills, preparation tools and presentation skills
- Tools to navigate corporate culture and understand your rights in the workplace
- PLUS: connect with recruitment professionals from all over Nova Scotia across diverse fields of job opportunities!
Register here to apply to be part of a 5 Week Work Skills Certificate Program designed to remove barriers and empower you with tools and skills for accessing meaningful work place and volunteer experiences.
- reduce barriers and deliver an engaging program designed to connect participants and support them with:
- skills to locate opportunities in your community with 'foot-in-the-door' tools
- tools to help slay your next interview with confidence;
- resume building in X-Games mode! Full-on, energized and interactive.
- and building connections which strengthen your future opportunities.
Connect here and you'll be the first to hear when registration opens in Fall 2022:
We will be opening registration for this free Pilot Program late summer. Registrants will be contacted by a member of our team to confirm a space in the Fall program.
Enrolment is available for 15 participants from all over the province!
If you would like our team to update you with more information - or have any questions, please complete the form below.
Here are some of the topics we will be covering in the 4 Week online and interactive certificate program:
- Interview and presentation skills that set you up for success;
- Creating a stand-out resume with customizable options for easy adaptations;
- Developing your roadmap of experiences and qualifications to help you achieve your goals;
- Understanding how to translate those HR codes behind job ads into actual information you can use to stand out during the application process;
We are excited to connect with you!